I. What are Cookies?
We use the term “cookies” to refer to technologies through which information can be collected automatically. An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookies”) is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal, or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed. Cookies are installed by request issued by a web server to a browser (e.g. Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or another browser). Once installed, cookies have a fixed lifespan, remaining “passive” in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie consists of two parts:
- The name of the cookie;
- The content or the value of the cookie
II. What is the purpose of using cookies for this website?
Cookies are used on this website with the purpose of offering each and every one of the users the best browsing experience tailored to their needs and interest as well as:
- Improving the user journey by indentifing any errors that occur during the website visit;
- Providing anonymous statistics on how the website is being used to Octavic PTS SRL, as the owner of this website;
- The prediction of any goods that might be made available to users in the future through this website, depending on the services / accessed products.
- the language in which the website is viewed;
- the currency in which certain prices or tariffs are expressed;
- facilitating access to the users accounts;
- the posting of comments on the website.
III. What is the life span of a cookie?
The life span of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which they are used. There are two categories of cookies that also determine their life span:
- Session cookies – are the cookies that are automatically deleted after the user closes their browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – are the cookies that remain stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days or even several years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time via browser settings.
IV. What are third parties placed cookies?
V. What cookies are used on this website?
By using/visiting the website, the following cookies can be placed:
- Website performance cookies;
- User analysis cookies;
- Advertising cookies;
a. Website performance cookies;
This type of cookie has the purpose of storing the user’s preferences on the website. By doing this ssetting the preferences again in the event of a subsequent visit to the website becomes no longer necessary.
b. User analysis cookies;
These cookies inform us if a certain user of the website has visited / used this website before. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
c. Advertising cookies;
These cookies allow us to find out when a user views an online advertisement, its type and the time elapsed since the moment of viewing the respective advertising message. As such, such cookies are used to target online advertisments. These cookies are anonymous, storing information about the content viewed only, not about users.
VI. What kind of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows browser recognition. The website recognizes the browser until the cookies either expire or are deleted by the users.
VII. Browser settings customization for cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used for browsing this website is used by more than one person, the setting for deleting individual browsing data each time the browser is closed may be considered.
VII. How can you stop cookies?
Deactivating and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, leading to limitations in its use. Users can configurate their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a specific website.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the ”options” section or in the ”preferences” menu of your browser. However, refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – only that it will not be tailored to your preferences and interests, as evidenced by your browsing behavior.
For any additional questions regarding the way cookies are used through this website, please contact us: